Are you a confident, team oriented individual with outstanding technology skills and attention to detail? The Insurance Center is currently searching for a candidate with these qualities to join our team as an Implementation Consultant. The Implementation Consultant is responsible for implementing new services for clients, ensuring a seamless integration. This position is on-site at our Onalaska, WI location (not remote).
- Serve as primary point-of-contact to clients during the entire implementation process from contract through set up, utilizing professional interpersonal skills to include diplomacy, tact and empathy
- Process enrollment applications for employee benefits programs and preparing the data to transmit to the insurance providers.
- Partner with the Sales team to understand and articulate critical deliverables discussed throughout the sales and implementation process
- Updates and maintains benefits administration data management systems with ongoing benefit plan changes.
- Provide communication and education to the internal and external customers on the mechanics and processes of onboarding to include the processing of timelines, software functionality and plan design review
- Lead collaboration efforts with broker and/or client to gather all implementation requirements (specific plan design, contracts) while maintaining a “big picture” view of the total client project which includes understanding the partnership with clients in educating on self-service tools (internet/intranet) and identifying and planning communication strategies through ideation and deployment
- Audits enrollment files for discrepancies in order to provide error free submissions to carriers via data file feeds.
- Provides systematic status updates to the client and/or internal team members regarding enrollment status.
- Performs testing on benefits administration systems prior to deployment to proactively discover potential errors.
Associates Degree and two to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. IT-related experience including strong knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and proficient internet navigation required. Employee benefits knowledge and administration a plus. Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills. Skill and ability to organize and prioritize work with minimal supervision, meet deadlines, and interact in a professional business manner with inside and outside customers.
Availability and willingness for occasional travel to outside client, meeting or conference requiring
Valid Wisconsin driver’s license and reliable transportation
Willingness to secure WI Life, Health & Accident Insurance License.
Proficiency and experience with benefit administration platforms and presentation technologies
Knowledge of employee benefits and tax advantaged benefit programs
Previous experience in Benefits Administration, working with insurance brokers and/or carriers or in the health insurance industry.