A successful and well-established independent insurance agency is seeking a driven, hardworking individual to join our team to handle an unassigned book of business in preparation for potential retirements. We are committed to providing a diverse and challenging work environment encouraging critical thinking, problem solving and project management. As a Life & Health Sales Manager you will develop, implement, and maintain marketing strategies to meet sales goals. You will oversee a team of 4-6 individuals focusing on both individual life and health and Corporate Benefit Sales.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Drive progress and execution of sales goals. Develop and implement strategies to accommodate goals.
- Monitor activity and sales levels of Sales Representatives.
- Support & Challenge team members in providing exceptional service to both external and internal customers.
- Generate and maintain new business. Increase sales in existing accounts and develop new accounts.
- Leadership and development of sales team.
- Provide performance feedback of all team members
- Experience and knowledge in employee benefits, ACA, Medicare and ancillary market.
- Strong analytical skills, time management skills and project management skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage different projects and priorities simultaneously
- Ability to function in a team environment, with support and mentorship to and from team members and management.
- Previous sales experience
Preferred Knowledge and Skill:
- Bachelor’s degree, business or marketing related, and two to three years of related experience and/or training
- State specific insurance license for life, health, and accident.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong follow-through and a focus on owning the outcome
- Influential and Persuasive – seen as a trusted advisor and mentor
- Sales leadership experience