Employee Benefits – Support Leader
As an Employee Benefits – Support Leader you will provide accurate, efficient & timely support to our sales team as well as provide leadership for support staff. This is an on-site position (not remote).
The Insurance Center is a successful and well-established independent insurance agency seeking a dependable and hardworking individual to join our team. The Insurance Center is committed to providing a diverse and challenging work environment encouraging critical thinking, problem solving and project management.
Responsibilities and Duties
Key Responsibilities include:
- Partner with the Sales team and mentor support team to understand and articulate critical deliverables discussed throughout the sales and implementation process.
- Present TIC culture to service teams through demonstration of company Belongships and Murpose.
- Mentor, coach and provide technical training to team members.
- Monitor daily activities of assigned team. Monitoring staff performance to ensure productivity, efficiency, quality, and service standards are met, arranging, and providing training and guidance when needed, and taking corrective actions as needed.
- Support training efforts through reinforcement of training topics.
- Manage file audits to ensure compliance with established workflow and procedures reporting on KPI’s monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Sets priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Recommend allocation and adjustments to workloads between support team members.
- Assist in resolving complex or escalated issues regarding account handling and client interactions.
- Conduct regular one on one reviews with team & deliver annual performance reviews providing constructive feedback to ensure that performance is aligned with company Belongships, Murpose and position expectations.
- Promote growth and opportunity within the team, working with each team member on achievement of individual aspirational goals.
- Monitor and oversee PTO for team.
- Deliver & follow through on all coaching and counseling discussions with team members including and up to performance improvement plans.
- Work with Corporate Benefits leaders to interview and onboard new team members.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Self-Insured Health insurance plans, ACA, 1095Cs & working with stop/loss and the pharmacy market.
- Acts as a trusted compliance resource to both immediate team and clients.
- Oversee account support deliverables including providing/obtaining reports & plan metrics, project management, coordinating SPDs, and other benefit compliance requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of new developments or changes with the various carriers and new Federal/State laws that may affect how our clients must administer their benefit programs and communicate this information to clients and team members.
- The ability to multi-task, organize and perform work with accuracy.
Qualifications and Skills
Associate degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related degree; and two to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred. Employee benefits knowledge including applicable regulations and health insurance plan administration required. Experience using HRIS related software, Word, Excel, Outlook and proficient internet navigation also required. CEBS certification and Life, Health & Accident Insurance License a plus. Quarterly travel, including overnight travel, is required.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, T.I.C., Inc. will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations, and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government.