Corporate Benefits Compliance Specialist
As our Compliance Specialist you will provide consultative and collaborative benefits and Human Resources services to our clients who are typically small to medium in size. You will also work with clients to provide advice, coaching, and counsel to leaders and employees on benefit and HR programs, policy and procedures, employment/labor laws, and conflict resolution.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Utilize consultative approach to assist clients in developing and strengthening their benefits and HR policies and practices.
- Provide coaching and guidance to clients to monitor eligibility and compliance requirements needed to process benefit enrollments, terminations of coverage, and ensuring forms pertaining to enrollment, and COBRA, are completed accurately and timely
- Provide HR guidance in the areas of feedback, performance management, employee relations, development and coaching, policy and procedure revision, and organizational development.
- Educate clients as it pertains to requirements and regulations affecting benefit and HR functions.
- Review corporate benefits department’s compliance with applicable laws and guidance as well to improve transparency and adherence to governing bodies.
- Communicate frequently with Corporate Benefits Specialists and assigned team on assigned accounts, strategic planning for the client, review participation and utilization of plans, client needs.
Preferred Knowledge and Skill:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related degree; and two to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Employee benefits knowledge and health insurance plan administration preferred. Must be well versed in federal and state law and keep up to date on changes.
- SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP, PHR Certification desired.