Accounts Receivable Specialist
The Insurance Center (T.I.C., Inc.) located in Onalaska, WI is looking to fill an Accounts Receivable Specialist role on our Accounting team. Responsibilities include maintaining positive customer relationships and coordinating daily processing and deposits. This is a great opportunity to join a well-established, successful organization that values a positive & empowered culture and seeks to align with like-minded, self-driven individuals.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with customer Accounts Payable representatives.
- Commission processing.
- Auditing of commissions not received and following up to collect
- Customer Service – internal and external.
- Follow up on missing premiums.
- Accurate and timely collections of all Accounts Receivable accounts
- Prepare monthly Accounts Receivable reports
- Review customer payment history and report any negative trends.
- Communication with customers via phone, email, mail, etc.
- Research and respond to all accounts receivable inquiries in a prompt manner.
- Post customer payments
- Assist in the review and enhance billing, collection, and cash posting processes for efficiency and best practices.
- Other finance and accounting tasks, reconciliations, special projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Working with agency document management system per document retention policies
- Associates Degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline required;
- 3 – 5 years of experience in billing, accounts receivable would be a plus
- Must have a solid understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Must have strong communication skills, ability to problem solve, work independently, and use sound business judgment.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work efficiently.
- Must have strong Excel spreadsheet abilities as well as Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Must have attention to fine detail and be highly accurate.