Pollution Legal Liability Coverage
- Pays on your behalf all sums you are legally obligated to pay as a result of emission, discharge, release, or escape of any contaminants, irritants or pollutants into or on land, the atmosphere, or any water course or body of water, provided this results in “environmental damage.”
- Pays to reimburse your expense for reasonable and necessary cleanup costs incurred in the discharge of a legal obligation validly imposed through governmental action, provided such expense is incurred because of “environmental damage.”
- Pays for defense of any claim or suit that is the subject of this insurance.
- “Claims-made” coverage response (i.e., responds only to claims first made during the policy period and only for incidents that have occurred after the effective date of this coverage).
- Pollution “environmental damage” is defined in the policy as “the injurious presence in or on land, the atmosphere or any water course or body of water of solid, liquid, gaseous or thermal contaminants, irritants or pollutants.”
Looking to learn more?
At The Insurance Center, we want to empower you with knowledge about insurance. Check out our glossary for a listing of important insurance terminology to help you get started.