Liquor Liability Coverage
Liquor liability insurance provides coverage for bodily injury or property damage for which an insured may be held liable by reason of the following:
- Causing or contributing to the intoxication of any person;
- Furnishing alcoholic beverages to a person under the legal drinking age or under the influence of alcohol; or
- Violating any statute, ordinance or regulation relating to the sale, gift, distribution or use of alcoholic beverages.
- This coverage applies only if the insured is involved in the following activities:
- Manufacturing, selling, or distributing alcoholic beverages;
- Serving or furnishing alcoholic beverages for a charge, whether or not such activity requires a license or is for the purpose of financial gain or livelihood; or
- Serving or furnishing alcoholic beverages without a charge, if a license is required for such activity.
Looking to learn more?
At The Insurance Center, we want to empower you with knowledge about insurance. Check out our glossary for a listing of important insurance terminology to help you get started.