Directors and Officers (D&O) Liability Coverage
Almost any day-to-day decision or action by anyone in the organization can trigger a lawsuit. Of all the lawsuits brought against nonprofit organizations, more than 50% involve employees. Even with the most diligent efforts to prevent employment disputes, the following claims can and are often alleged against businesses:
- Discrimination due to race, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability, or sexual orientation
- Wrongful termination
- Sexual harassment
- Promotions and compensation
- Interference with employment contract
- Hiring decisions
- Conflicts of interest
- Libel, slander, and defamation of character
- Failure to supervise employees
- Invasion of privacy
- Copyright infringement, misrepresentation of ideas and unauthorized use of logos
Looking to learn more?
At The Insurance Center, we want to empower you with knowledge about insurance. Check out our glossary for a listing of important insurance terminology to help you get started.